- The Annual BRVARS Tailgate is currently in the planning stages. We are planning on having the Tailgate this year provided that there are no prohibitions regarding gatherings later this year. Please check back here or listen for updates on the BRVARS/ARES Net held on Monday evenings at 7:30PM on the Shelbyville 145.48 MHz repeater(88.5Hz PL Tone).
- There is a new repeater located in Southern part of Shelby County just East of Edinburgh. The repeater is on 443.025 MHz with a plus offset and a PL tone of 103.5 Hz. The repeater is sponsored by the Jennings County Amateur Radio Club and operates under the N9JWR callsign. The repeater seems to have wide area coverage and I would encourage you to program it into your radios.
- A motion was made, seconded and approved by the membership at the January Member’s Dinner Meeting to lower the Society’s annual membership dues to $5.00/Yr. Five years ago most members took advantage of the 5 Year member dues offer. That program expires at the end of this year. So, effective immediately yearly membership dues are $5.00/Year. This applies to both new and existing members.
- The 444.975 MHz Yaesu System Fusion repeater is now connected to Wires-X AmericaLink Room. There seems to be quite a bit of traffic on the AmericaLink Room most of the day. This is a Yaesu System Fusion digital voice connection and requires a Fusion digital capable radio in order to work. If you have a Yaesu System Fusion capable radio tune to the repeater frequency with the radio in digital voice mode and give it a try.
- The Yaesu Fusion repeater is back in service on the 145.48 MHz frequency. It is operating in FM analog mode only at this time.
- Both Rush County Repeaters are back on the air. There is a net held on the 147.00 MHz repeater on Monday evenings at 7:00PM. Please try to check in if possible. Both repeaters carry a 127.3 Hz PL tone.
- The Indiana Statewide DStar net is held every Thursday evening at 8:00 PM on Reflector 24B. Our local DStar repeater is always on Reflector 24B on Thursday evenings.
- You can catch up on your CW and Digital Slow Scan TV on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 8:50 AM on 144.36 MHz. If you are not fluent in CW, then we invite you to cheat a little and fire up FLDIGI and join on in. After CW we then fire up the Digital SSTV program EasyPal and send pictures back and forth over the airwaves.
- There is a 2 Meter SSB simplex roundtable on 144.20 MHz on Sunday evenings at 8:30PM. They are on Upper Sideband. For further details about this roundtable and other simplex 2 meter activities, check out the Indiana Simplex Operators Facebook page. There is more and more 2 meter simplex activities going on these days. Don’t get left out of the fun.
...a Flood Warning Continues For A Portion Of The Following Waterway In Indiana... White River... .lowland Flooding In Progress At Hazleton In Southwestern Indiana Will Continue Into Tuesday As A Result Of Recent Excessive Rainfall. Flooding Is Expected To Come To An End Tuesday Afternoon. Flooding ...Read More.
Effective: August 3, 2020 at 10:44pmExpires: August 5, 2020 at 4:00amTarget Area: Gibson; Knox