- The next member meeting is Monday, September 19th, 2016, 7:00PM, at the Hopes Point Baptist Church, 1703 S. Miller Ave., Shelbyville, IN.
- The 220MHz repeater linking project is up and running. The repeater operates on 224.44MHz with standard offset and no PL tone. Quite a few 220 repeaters are up and running on this network with coverage extending across central Indiana. There is a net on the 220 MHz repeater at 8:00 PM on Thursday evenings. This net covers most of central Indiana through the 220 MHz repeater network. All are invited to check into the net.
- ARES Net is on Monday evenings at 7:30PM on the 145.480MHz 88.5Hz PL Tone repeater except on membership meeting dates and major holidays.
- There is a net on the DMR repeater on Tuesdays at 8:00PM on the Statewide talkgroup. The Statewide talkgroup brings up every HoosierDMR Net and Crossroads repeater across Indiana.
- The 440MHz repeater is also back in service and has been replaced with a Yaesu Fusion analog/digital repeater. If you have a Yaesu Fusion radio you can use this repeater in digital mode. So far, we are operating this repeater with no PL tone and will leave it that way unless we encounter too much interference.
- Through equipment donations we now have an APRS Digipeater/iGate station. As time permits, we will locate this unit at the 2 meter repeater site since we have a spare antenna there. This unit will operate on the 144.39 MHz frequency which is standard for all APRS operations in North America. You can find the Digipeater on the APRS map by going to aprs.fi and searching for W9NTP.
- The Club call sign is now W9NTP as of October 6, 2015. We will use this call for Society events and repeater ID’s.
...the Flood Warning Continues For The Following Rivers In Indiana... Kankakee River At Shelby Affecting Lake And Newton Counties The Flood Warning Continues For The Kankakee River At Shelby. * Until Late Saturday Night. * At 945 Am Wednesday The Stage Was 10.0 Feet. ...Read More.
Effective: August 31, 2016 at 11:18amExpires: September 4, 2016 at 2:30amTarget Area: Lake; Newton
...the Flood Warning Has Been Extended For The Following Rivers... Kankakee River At Davis Affecting La Porte...starke And St. Joseph Counties .minor Flooding Continues Along The Kankakee River At Davis. The River Is Expected To Fall Below Flood Stage Later This Week. The Flood Warning Has Been Extended For ...Read More.
Effective: August 30, 2016 at 9:10pmExpires: September 2, 2016 at 8:00amTarget Area: La Porte; St. Joseph; Starke