- The next members meeting will be The annual dinner meegting on Saturday, January 21, 2023, at 5:30 PM. The meeting will be held at the First Presbyterian Church, West Broadway St, Shelbyville. Catering provided by The Chicken Inn. $20/person. Contact any Society Officer for reservations, pay at the door. Check back for any updates. See you there.
- Ham Breakfast with the Hams: Breakfasts are always held on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month at 8:30AM at the Shelbyville Denny’s restaurant located on the East side of Shelbyville at the I-74 and SR44 interchange. See you there.
- The 220 MHz repeater has been repaired under warranty by the manufacturer. Issues were diagnosed and repaired in the receiver section of the repeater. We will get it back in service as soon as we can make an antenna replacement.
- Both Rush County repeaters will be getting some new hardline and antennas in the very near future. Funding was obtained for the antennas and hardline by the Rush County Emergency Management. This should make for a vast improvement in the coverage area for those two repeaters. The supplier is indicating that work should commence around the first week of November now.
- The Indiana Statewide DStar net is held every Thursday evening at 8:00 PM on Reflector 24B. Our local DStar repeater is always on Reflector 24B on Thursday evenings.
- You can catch up on your CW and Digital Slow Scan TV on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 8:50 AM on 144.36 MHz. If you are not fluent in CW, then we invite you to cheat a little and fire up FLDIGI and join on in. After CW we then fire up the Digital SSTV program EasyPal and send pictures back and forth over the airwaves.
- On Sunday evenings you can get your fill of 2 meter simplex activity. Starting around 8:00 PM there is an FM roundtable on 146.52 MHz. Immediately thereafter, there is a 2 Meter SSB simplex roundtable on 144.21 MHz. They are on Upper Sideband. For further details about this roundtable and other simplex 2 meter activities, check out the Indiana Simplex Operators Facebook page. There is more and more 2 meter simplex activities going on these days. Don’t get left out of the fun.
Date: Saturday, October 8, 2022
Time: 1:00PM to 4:00PM
Location: 116 West 350 South, Shelbyville, IN 46176
The family of Ray Scheffler, K9GKZ, is offering his radio equipment for sale on the date, time and location given above. All are invited to come and purchase the equipment. A list is attached in Excel and PDF file formats for your convenience.
There are three antenna towers with antennas and rotors. There are spare rotors and controllers in the radio room you can inspect for yourself. The towers are more than likely Heights aluminum towers in the 50 to 70 foot height range. The third tower is a wood telephone pole with a huge log periodic antenna and Yaesu rotor(very large rotor). There are several Tailtwister rotors and controllers. All of the towers, antennas, rotors and controllers are first offered as a single package. The buyer will be responsible for the safe removal. Please tender your offers to one of the family members that will be present that day.
Any equipment not sold on October 8, 2022, may be available at the BRVARS Shelbyville Tailgate on October 15, 2022 at the Shelby County Fairgrounds.
Only price negotiations and sales can be made with a family member. All sales are final.Ray-Scheffler-Equipment-List_Final