There is increasing simplex activity on 146.52 MHz coming from areas to the North of Shelbyville. In the early AM hours(@ 6:00 to 7:00) you can catch the Prostate Net and during the day and evening hours you will mostly catch folks chit chatting back and forth. There is an informal net on Sunday evenings at 7:00PM.
- The 2019 Shelbyville Tailgate was a great success. The event was well attended and everyone enjoyed having the free sausage gravy and biscuits. Many thanks to the Polston’s for a great breakfast meal. The Society was very successful in auctioning the radio equipment of Anne Kavanaugh(SK), KO9OK, and a very nice donation was made to the Society for that effort.
- The amendment to our Society’s Constitution concerning Lifetime Membership nominations was passed at the last members meeting. You can read and download the revised Constitution and By-Laws elsewhere on this website.
- Both temporary antennas for the Rush County repeaters are installed and working properly. Lots of thanks to our volunteer tower climber, Eric Brown, for helping us to fix the second antenna issue. The UHF repeater is up and running on 442.600 MHz(127.3 Hz PL). The VHF repeater still has some issues and we are working to replace it with a donated Vertex repeater once we work out some programming issues.
- The Shelbyville D Star repeater can be your link to the Indiana Statewide D Star net every Thursday evening at 8:00 PM. If not already linked to reflector 24B you can go ahead and link the repeater to reflector 24B for the Statewide net.
- The Shelbyville DMR repeater is now on the IN-1 c-Bridge. All talk groups remain the same and no changes are required to your code plugs.
The National Weather Service Indianapolis has announced that a Skywarn Spotter Training Class is scheduled for Shelby County on Tuesday, Feb 26, 2019, 7pm – 9pm Eastern Time. This class will be held at the Indiana Grand Casino. The Casino is located at 4300 N Michigan Rd, Shelbyville, IN. The location for the training has been confirmed. Please see the additional information contained in the PDF file below.
Rush County Skywarn Spotter Training will be held on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 6:30PM – 8:30PM at the Rush County Courthouse, 101 East 2nd Street, Rushville, IN.
Decatur County Skywarn Spotter Training will be held on Saturday, February 23, 2019, 9:00AM – 11:00AM at the Lett’s, IN Firehouse, 4474 West 700 South. The Fish Fry starts after the Spotter training so bring your appetite with you.skywarn